- Began serving adults with disabilities over 45 years ago.
- Operates the longest running group home in the state of New Jersey, the Murray House in Clifton.
- Is a Catholic Charities Agency in the Diocese of Paterson, NJ. DPD is one of the largest Catholic Charities Agencies providing care for adults with developmental disabilities in the United States.
- Operates 9 group homes and 2 supervised apartment throughout Morris, Sussex, and Passaic Counties.
- Operates Gruenert Center, a vocational day program for 50 men and women in Lake Hopatcong, NJ.
- Provides care for over 100 adults with diverse disabilities, races, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs.
- Is the only provider agency for adults with disabilities in the state of New Jersey internationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Empowers residents to be active and involved in their communities.
- Provides spiritual enrichment programs, including the Catholic Adult Religious Education (C.A.R.E) program.
- Has a dedicated network of over 100 volunteers. Become a Volunteer.
- Provides information and referrals for families of adults with developmental disabilities living in the community.
- Provides pastoral care for former residents who now reside in nursing homes.
- DPD has managed with a flat budget throughout the last several years. We have had a 0% increase in 2012, 2011, 2010 and a 1.5% increase in 2009 and 2008. Our budget could be cut at any time. If our budget is cut, we would have to reduce services. We can absorb this potential cut through fundraising.
- DPD’s general and administration costs are low, only 7.56% of our annual budget. Similar agencies operate with an average of 12% - 18% G&A costs.
- Though DPD is state funded, we are a nonprofit agency. We estimate that we have to raise $500,000 a year or $6,200 a year per resident to continue to provide a high level of care.
- DPD’s staff members are dedicated to providing a high level of care. 42% of our staff team have been with us for over 5 years, with 35% of them working for DPD for 20 years or more.
- DPD Dispatch - Spring, 2014
- DPD Dispatch - Summer/Fall, 2013
- DPD Dispatch - Spring, 2013
- DPD Dispatch - Winter, 2012
- DPD Dispatch - Summer, 2012
- DPD Dispatch - Feb, 2012
- DPD Dispatch - Fall, 2011
- DPD Dispatch - Winter, 2011
- DPD Dispatch - Summer, 2010
- DPD Dispatch - Winter, 2010